Can You Spare 90 Minutes?
York County Meals on Wheels has a continuous need for volunteers to assist with transporting meals to recipients five days a week. Can you spare 90 minutes, one morning a month? Would your club or church group be interested in being responsible for one route, one day a week?
Call (757) 772-0505, option 1 or complete the form below to volunteer. We will contact you as soon as possible.
- Drivers must provide their own vehicle, gas and have a valid driver's license and insurance
- Drivers determine their availability schedule and frequency, whether it be weekly, once a week, or once a month
- Meals are ready for pick-up between 10:30 - 10:45 AM Monday through Friday. Routes take about an hour and a half to complete
- Volunteers can work alone or in teams with friends/family. Adopt a route on the same day each week/month and take turns delivering meals
- Does your employer want to become involved in the community? Create a workplace volunteer team with employees delivering meals during lunch